Monday, March 14, 2011

Makeovers

If you know me, you probably have heard that I love Amy Butler.  I love her Fabrics, her designs, her books, patterns, lifestyle... her.  She has become my muse.  I stumbled upon her fabrics when my good friend Sheila, who also has become my sewing mentor, gifted me a bunch of "scrap" fabrics which included some random Amy Butler Fabrics.  There is something about her "Midwest Modern" style that really speaks to me.

In her book titled Midwest Modern , she states in the introduction (p10) "The very act of participating in your personal appearance and the creation of your surroundings defines how you see yourself."  This quote, has become my new Mantra!  With this in mind, I decided that it would be fun to needlepoint the quote and frame the quote with AB Fabric.  see....

Well then with this done, I wanted matching towels:

then, I realized just how WHITE my walls are!!!  LOL
So.....
!I Painted! :-)  

I then decided to add one of my little AB birds that I made with a tutorial from Spool Sewing.  I love my little birds!!!  Aren't they too cute?  see.....
And because I can't quit until I'm done ( and you know your done, when you know your done.) I rummaged around my basement for an old shelf that I knew I still had...
NOW... I'm done. lol  Well, the kids managed to break the vase so I'm mostly done.  I LOVE my new bathroom and the "creation of my surroundings" was SO theraputic!  I highly recommend a good makeover now and again.  Now I have to work on "Participating in my personal appearance".  One thing at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment